Thursday, January 1, 2009

NH Krieger Happenings

Jill is right, we need to post more often and then maybe for me at least that won't end up as epic novels . . .

Any way, Christimas itself was wonderful, but leading up to it has been nothing less than monumental family luck, or lack there of . . . First Jen's truck goes in for an oil change and $1,800 dollars later we get it back . . . Second my Toyota (which I purchased at a much higher price as it was and still is rated higher than all other makes and models for pickups, but well what should I/we expect) will not lock into 4 wheel drive (which you need living in NH mtns and we get snow, see below for full understanding) so I bring it to the dealer . . . something called a 4 wheel drive actuator is shot . . . another $650 I have my truck back . . . Third Jen states sometime in mid to late December that the washing machine is making weird noises, and what should we do. Well I use an appliance guy for the problems we have at the resort, and I give him a call. Well anyway we miss each other for 6 or 7 days, and finally he can make on the day that we are heading down to RI to celebrate Xmas with Jen's family. It has some part that he can but litterally would cost $5o less than buying a new one . . . so after a bunch of phone calls to dealer, manufacturer, we have a new washing machine . . . Not done yet . . . the same weekend we left Nh for RI, we leave in a storm that is only suppossed to be 1 to 3 inches . . . hah hah hah . . . in the valley the totals range from 10 to 15 . . . and the trip back is another storm which added another hour and half to the trip. . . No worries we have a snow blower. So we have 13 inches on he ground when we pull the fully stocked Tundra into a neighbors cleared drive way, treck the kids in, get a fire started, and I go to start the snow blower . . . . . . . . . It will not start, it is dead, I really dont care for humanity, mother nature, life, God, snow, the birds and the bees. etc, etc, etc . . . I shovel 5 different times from 11 Am and 11:3o PM that day. The snow blower has been great, and was a hand -me- down from dad, so oh well. Another $950 dollars later we have a new snow blower. Thought we might be done, no way! Wood stove needs a part that is $161 and they aren't quite sure who long it will take them to get the part and to do the repair so I actully have no idea what the total cost will be in the long run . . .

No to Xmas: Spent the weekend prior hanging in RI with Jeff, Anna and Lexy on Friday. A really fun night, our families really get along so well, and although I have 3 of best sisters a man can have Jeff has been a very important person in my life and it is really awesome to see how important he has become to Jen and the kids. Saturday, we spent it with Jen's family (extended) which went very well. The only positvely/negative thing is that our family and friends completely spoil the girls and we have a truck load of toys for them (which I unloaded somewhere in between the shovellings).

Now to Christmas . . . Although I really miss big Krieger family Christmas's, there is something special when you get to watch your kids open their gifts slowly and surely and have all the attention them. We woke up just a bit early, got the fire started, at our traditional sugar cookies, and then the girls opened their gifts. It was wonderful and I'll try to get a couple of picks up soon. Jen and I made a great meal - pepper encursted tenderloin with garlic/horseradish cream sauce, riscotto, green beans with garlic and shallots and JJ made a great chocolate cake with raspberry and cream topping. . . a couple of scotches and I was in heaven . . .

I hope all of your christmas's and new year's were as enjoyable and peaceful as mine . . . love and joy to you and yours . . . Ronnie

1 comment:

Jill AKA busymom said...

I like the low key times too...just wish we had more time together:)

You know it rains when it pours...broken windshield, battery blowing up, losing my job at the preschool..... Sometimes I wonder how mom and dad it all....juggling running a home, keeping it repaired, keeping us clothed and fed, and paying for all the things we needed or wanted. It amazes me....sometimes I feel like that its all going to wash me away.

I am glad you guys had a great day:)

Jill